Introduction to our MMB Community
MMB is a dynamic, interdisciplinary community focused on understanding biochemical, biophysical, and cellular mechanisms at the molecular level. The community seeks to enhance peer learning and faculty mentoring through a series of student work-in-progress presentations. This provides an opportunity for students to extend their breadth of knowledge and community beyond their coursework and thesis laboratories. MMB also facilitates professional development of student members through travel awards and an annual MMB symposium.
Key benefits of participating in MMB include:
- Feedback on work-in-progress presentations
- Peer learning with students in similar fields of study
- Networking with students and faculty from different departments and programs
- Opportunities for receiving mentoring from faculty and funding for travel
- Participation in the annual MMB symposium, which attracts attendees from across HMS
Applications to join the 2021 cohort will be accepted from interested students until December 18, 2020. An information session will be held on Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 5pm for prospective students to learn more about the MMB community and the research being performed by current MMB students. Please register here to receive the link to attend the information session.